KEESEP20 – Hip 1255 – Goldencents / Appealing Cat, by Successful Appeal
Clark Shepherd (Shepherd Equine Advisers), bloodstock agent for Wayne Sanders & Larry Hirsch, purchased this Goldencents colt at the 2020 Keeneland September Yearling Sale from the consignment of Eaton Sales for $110,000. He was bred by Spendthrift Farm LLC.
The colt’s dam, Appealing Cat (Successful Appeal), is a stakes winning, graded stakes placed earner of $266,453. Her record of 20-5-3-4 was primarily obtained going long on the turf that accounted for four of her wins.
Appealing Cat has a 2yo daughter named Sennebec Summer (Brody’s Cause) that is now a winner since the printing of the catalog. She won a Maiden Special Weight event going 1 mile at Presque Isle Downs on September 14th. The Successful Appeal mare also is represented by an unnamed 2020 colt also by Goldencents and was bred back to Vino Rosso this year.
OPTIMAL Mating Analysis
Horses bred on OPTIMAL Matings have proven to possess more potential to become superior racehorses. In fact, most will break their maiden in the first two starts. Combined with a good physical, good vetting and a price that falls within a budget, OPTIMAL Matings help to focus on buying or breeding better racehorses.
OPTIMAL Mating Factors for 2019 Goldencents – Appealing Cat colt
- Outcross Percentage = 80% (OPTIMAL >= 70%)
- Linebreeding Balance = 0 (OPTIMAL <= 10)
- 2nd Generation Linebreeding Balance = 10 (OPTIMAL <= 17)
- Grand sire/Grand dam Pair Percentage = 6% (OPTIMAL <= 17%)
- Gender-balanced Linebreeding Difference = 0 (OPTIMAL <= 2)
- Number of Dominant Runner Female Families = 6 (OPTIMAL >= 4)
- Number of Dominant Sire Female Families = 1 (OPTIMAL >= 1)
NOTE: All 7 factors are met.
- 6×5 Hail to Reason – through sons Stop the Music & Roberto
- Similar to SW Silvercents (Goldencents)
- 6×6 Halo – through daughters Country Romance & Glorious Song
- 6×5 His Majesty – through daughters Battle Creek Girl & Andover Way
- 5×6 Mr. Prospector – through sons Forty Niner & Northern Prospect
- 6×6,6 Northern Dancer – through sons Nijinsky II, Staff Writer & Night Shift
Whether you are new to the game, experiencing more losses than wins or just looking for a new approach, I am confident that I can help you breed or buy a better racehorse. To find out more about OPTIMAL Matings and how they can help your program, please subscribe to my Blog/News page HERE to receive future information on complimentary mating recommendations, sales short lists, stakes winner pedigree analysis, news on personal client success and any other random thoughts or ideas that I may have. Also, receive a complimentary copy of my report “Blind Luck or Designed Luck? – How A Kentucky Derby Winner Was Bred” sent directly to your inbox.
For inquiries or more information about Shepherd Equine Advisers, please contact Clark Shepherd at 859-321-6618, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would love to hear any comments or questions that you may have. Please submit them below. Maybe we can address them in a future post!