ANNA’S BANDIT (6, m, Great Notion – Onearmedbandit, by No Armistice) settled off the pace, battled in the two path and then angled out early on the backstretch. She made a bid four wide between foes near the three-eighths pole, took control two wide near the quarter pole and drew off under a drive by rider Gerald Almodovar. Lifetime Record: 35-17-4-7, $774,405. Owner-No Guts No Glory Farm; Breeder-John Robb (WV); Trainer-John Robb.
The win last Friday night by Anna’s Bandit represented her 11th stakes win of her career as she powered to a 6 length victory in the $50,000 Original Gold Stakes at Charles Town. This was her second year in a row in winning the stakes race.
Shipping in from Laurel Park for the 7 furlong race for West Virginia-bred fillies and mares, the Great Notion mare had just finished third in the Grade 3 Barbara Fritchie Stakes at Laurel in February.
Last year, Anna’s Bandit tied for most wins in North America while going 9 for 11. She also shared West Virginia-bred Horse of the Year honors in 2019.
OPTIMAL Mating Analysis
Horses bred on OPTIMAL Matings have proven to possess more potential to become superior racehorses. In fact, most will break their maiden in the first two starts. Combined with a good physical, good vetting and a price that falls within a budget, OPTIMAL Matings help to focus on buying or breeding better racehorses.
OPTIMAL Mating Factors for Anna’s Bandit
- Outcross Percentage = 71% (OPTIMAL >= 70%)
- Linebreeding Balance = 9 (OPTIMAL <= 10)
- 2nd Generation Linebreeding Balance = 12 (OPTIMAL <= 17)
- Grand sire/Grand dam Pair Percentage = 4% (OPTIMAL <= 17%)
- Gender-balanced Linebreeding Difference = 2 (OPTIMAL <= 2)
- Number of Dominant Runner Female Families = 4 (OPTIMAL >= 4)
- Number of Dominant Sire Female Families = 3 (OPTIMAL >= 1)
NOTE: All 7 factors are met.
- 4,5×5 Mr. Prospector – gender-balanced through daughter Gold Beauty and sons Gone West and Fappiano – similar to G3W Lonely Road (Quality Road) & G3W Warrior’s Charge (Munnings)
- 5×5 Secretariat – through daughters Secrettame and Mythographer
- 5,5×5 Northern Dancer – through sons Hero’s Honor and Danzig similar to G2W Richard Pankhurst (GB) (Raven’s Pass) & G3W Punta Stella (IRE) Elusive City
- 4×4 Danzig – through sons Dayjur and Polish Numbers – similar to SW Great Love (Great Notion)
- 6×6 Prince John – gender-balanced through daughter River Lady and son Speak John
Whether you are new to the game, experiencing more losses than wins or just looking for a new approach, I am confident that I can help you breed or buy a better racehorse. To find out more about OPTIMAL Matings and how they can help your program, please subscribe to my Blog/News page HERE to receive future information on complimentary mating recommendations, sales short lists, stakes winner pedigree analysis, news on personal client success and any other random thoughts or ideas that I may have. Also, receive a complimentary copy of my report “Blind Luck or Designed Luck? – How A Kentucky Derby Winner Was Bred” sent directly to your inbox.
I would love to hear any comments or questions that you may have. Please submit them below. Maybe we can address them in a future post!