The Addison Pour (g, 3, Tonalist–Graser (IRE), by Motivator (GB))
The Addison Pour (g, 3, Tonalist–Graser (IRE), by Motivator (GB)) made his first start a winning one at Laurel Park on January 23rd covering the six furlongs in 1:11.14. Under jockey Jevian Toledo, the Tonalist gelding was content to save ground early. As he approached the stretch, he was three deep and moved over to the inner rail. The Addison Pour then eased off the rail in mid-stretch and closed determinedly between horses. He ultimately took the lead as the race approached the finish line, winning by half a length.
Lifetime Record: 1-1-0-0, $32,293. O/B- The Elkstone Group LLC (MD); T-Brittany Russell.
OPTIMAL Mating Analysis
Horses bred on OPTIMAL Matings have proven to possess more potential to become superior racehorses. In fact, most will break their maiden in the first two starts. Combined with a good physical, good vetting and a price that falls within a budget, OPTIMAL Matings help to focus on buying or breeding better racehorses.
3 Sire Families (3:O, 3L, 8H) & 4 Racing Families (2F, 3:O, 3L, 1U)
Good Combination of Female Families
Good Outcross Percentage
Good Linebreeding Balance
Good Grandsire / Granddam Linebreeding Percentages
Good Gender Linebreeding Balance.
- 6×6 Secretariat – through daughters Weekend Surprise and Secrettame
- 5,6×5 Mr. Prospector – gender balanced through daughter Preach & sons Fappiano and Gone West
- 5×6 Njinsky II – gender balanced through daughter Ruby Slippers & son Green Dancer
- 6,5×5 Northern Dancer – through sons Nijinsky II, Topsider and Sadlers Wells
- 5×6 Buckpasser – through daughters Toll Booth and Uncommitted
- Exact Positions of Northern Dancer linebreeding
- Grade 1 Stakes Winner
- Zipessa (Carson City o/o Horse Chestnut mare)
- Grade 3 Stakes Winner
- Bellacontte (Burgundy o/o Tavistock mare)
- 6 Listed Stakes Winners
- Grade 1 Stakes Winner
Whether you are new to the game, experiencing more losses than wins or just looking for a new approach, I am confident that I can help you breed or buy a better racehorse. To find out more about OPTIMAL Matings and how they can help your program, please subscribe to my Blog/News page HERE to receive future information on complimentary mating recommendations, sales short lists, stakes winner pedigree analysis, news on personal client success and any other random thoughts or ideas that I may have. Also, receive a complimentary copy of my report “Blind Luck or Designed Luck? – How A Kentucky Derby Winner Was Bred” sent directly to your inbox.