SMITE (c, 3, Congrats–Double Dinghy Day, by Forestry)
SMITE (c, 3, Congrats–Double Dinghy Day, by Forestry) was hustled from the start, contested the past and vied inside on the turn. He was asked near the quarter-pole and responded well when put to the whip in upper stretch. The Congrats colt battled with the runner-up in the final furlong and prevailed under strong urging.
The win added to a fantastic day for trainer Jeremiah Englehart and jockey Luis Saez. Englehart ended the day with three wins while Saez brought four winners home.
The winner by Congrats is half to an unraced 2yo colt named Sophos (Laoban) and a weanling half-brother also by Laoban.
Lifetime Record: 7-1-0-1, $43,472. O-Highlander Training Center; B-Seidman Stables LLC (NY); T-Jeremiah Englehart.
Clark Shepherd (Shepherd Equine Advisers), bloodstock agent for Larry Hirsch (Highlander Training Center), purchased Smite at the 2018 Fasig-Tipton Saratoga NY Preferred Sale from the consignment of McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds.
OPTIMAL Mating Analysis
Horses bred on OPTIMAL Matings have proven to possess more potential to become superior racehorses. In fact, most will break their maiden in the first two starts. Combined with a good physical, good vetting and a price that falls within a budget, OPTIMAL Matings help to focus on buying or breeding better racehorses.
OPTIMAL Mating Factors for Smite
- Outcross Percentage = 72% (OPTIMAL >= 70%)
- Linebreeding Balance = 4 (OPTIMAL <= 10)
- 2nd Generation Linebreeding Balance = 8 (OPTIMAL <= 17)
- Grand sire/Grand dam Pair Percentage = 0% (OPTIMAL <= 17%)
- Gender-balanced Linebreeding Difference = 2 (OPTIMAL <= 2)
- Number of Dominant Runner Female Families = 4 (OPTIMAL >= 4)
- Number of Dominant Sire Female Families = 6 (OPTIMAL >= 1)
NOTE: All 7 factors are met.
- 6,5×6,6 Bold Ruler – gender balanced through two sons (Boldnesian & Secretariat) and a daughter (Bold Sequence)
- Similar to G1W’s Turbulent Descent (Congrats) & Wickedly Perfect (Congrats)
- Similar to G2W Call Paul (Friesian Fire) & G3W Sassicaia (Bernardini)
- 4×5 Secretariat – through two daughters (Weekend Surprise & Terlingua)
- Similar to G1W Eden’s Moon (Malibu Moon), G1W Gormley (Malibu Moon) & G1W Ice Box (Pulpit)
- 3×5 Mr. Prospector – gender balanced through a daughter (Praise) and a son (Fappiano)
- 4×5,5 Northern Dancer – through a daughter (Wild Applause) and two sons (Storm Bird & Imperial Falcon)
- Similar to G2W Venus Valentine (Congrats) & G3W Chapalu (Flatter)
- 6×6 Ribot – through two sons (Graustark & His Majesty)
Whether you are new to the game, experiencing more losses than wins or just looking for a new approach, I am confident that I can help you breed or buy a better racehorse. To find out more about OPTIMAL Matings and how they can help your program, please subscribe to my Blog/News page HERE to receive future information on complimentary mating recommendations, sales short lists, stakes winner pedigree analysis, news on personal client success and any other random thoughts or ideas that I may have. Also, receive a complimentary copy of my report “Blind Luck or Designed Luck? – How A Kentucky Derby Winner Was Bred” sent directly to your inbox.
For inquiries or more information about Shepherd Equine Advisers, please contact Clark Shepherd at 859-321-6618, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would love to hear any comments or questions that you may have. Please submit them below. Maybe we can address them in a future post!