IRONY OF REALITY (m, 5, Animal Kingdom–Battle Bridge, by Arch)
IRONY OF REALITY (m, 5, Animal Kingdom–Battle Bridge, by Arch) was allowed to settle early then looped up two to three wide through the second turn. She made a steady gain and drew off in the final furlong under jockey Huber Villa-Gomez.
The stakes-placed winner by Animal Kingdom is half to an unraced 2yo colt named Battle King (Tonalist) and a yearling colt by Declaration of War. Battle Bridge was bred back to Omaha Beach earlier this year.
Lifetime Record: SP, 17-7-4-1, $142,640. O/B-The Elkstone Group, LLC (Stuart Grant) (MD); T-Ron Potts.
Clark Shepherd (Shepherd Equine Advisers), mating advisor for Stuart Grant (The Elkstone Group LLC), has designed the matings for Mr. Grant for several years. Most notable horses produced include G1W Mor Spirit, G2W Lady Fog Horn and G3W Edge of Reality along with several state-bred champions.
OPTIMAL Mating Analysis
Horses bred on OPTIMAL Matings have proven to possess more potential to become superior racehorses. In fact, most will break their maiden in the first two starts. Combined with a good physical, good vetting and a price that falls within a budget, OPTIMAL Matings help to focus on buying or breeding better racehorses.
OPTIMAL Mating Factors for Irony of Reality
- Outcross Percentage = 87% (OPTIMAL >= 70%)
- Linebreeding Balance = 6 (OPTIMAL <= 10)
- 2nd Generation Linebreeding Balance = 6 (OPTIMAL <= 17)
- Grand sire/Grand dam Pair Percentage = 6% (OPTIMAL <= 17%)
- Gender-balanced Linebreeding Difference = 1 (OPTIMAL <= 2)
- Number of Dominant Runner Female Families = 5 (OPTIMAL >= 4)
- Number of Dominant Sire Female Families = 2 (OPTIMAL >= 1)
NOTE: All 7 factors are met.
- 6,6×5 Northern Dancer – through sons Lyphard & Danzig
- similar to G1W Prince Bishop (IRE) (Dubawi (IRE)) & G3W Elsa (Animal Kingdom)
- 6×4 Roberto – gender-balanced linebreeding through daughter Sookera and and son Kris S.
- similar to G2W Waterloo Bridge (IRE) (Zoffany (IRE)) & G3W Prophet (JPN) (Harbinger (GB))
Whether you are new to the game, experiencing more losses than wins or just looking for a new approach, I am confident that I can help you breed or buy a better racehorse. To find out more about OPTIMAL Matings and how they can help your program, please subscribe to my Blog/News page HERE to receive future information on complimentary mating recommendations, sales short lists, stakes winner pedigree analysis, news on personal client success and any other random thoughts or ideas that I may have. Also, receive a complimentary copy of my report “Blind Luck or Designed Luck? – How A Kentucky Derby Winner Was Bred” sent directly to your inbox.