PUCA PENNY (f, 4, Ghostzapper–Coppermine, by Unbridled’s Song)
PUCA PENNY (f, 4, Ghostzapper–Coppermine, by Unbridled’s Song) entered into the gate as the even-odds favorite. She advanced inside into the far turn and remained along the clear rail into the stretch. The Ghostzapper filly angled to the outside and vied into the final furlong. She took over before going a mile and prevailed by 3/4 lengths under a well timed ride by Tyler Conner.
The winner is a half sister to a 2-year-old colt named Fifty Sheas Ofgrey (Tiznow), a yearling filly by Honor Code and a colt from this year by Gun Runner.
Lifetime Record: 9-2-2-1, $71,175. O-Highlander Training Center; B-Blackstone Farm LLC (PA); T-Michael Stidham.
Clark Shepherd (Shepherd Equine Advisers), bloodstock agent for Larry Hirsch (Highlander Training Center), purchased Puca Penny at the 2019 Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale from the consignment of Elite Sales.
OPTIMAL Mating Analysis
Horses bred on OPTIMAL Matings have proven to possess more potential to become superior racehorses. In fact, most will break their maiden in the first two starts. Combined with a good physical, good vetting and a price that falls within a budget, OPTIMAL Matings help to focus on buying or breeding better racehorses.
OPTIMAL Mating Factors for Puca Penny
- Outcross Percentage = 83% (OPTIMAL >= 70%)
- Linebreeding Balance = 1 (OPTIMAL <= 10)
- 2nd Generation Linebreeding Balance = 6 (OPTIMAL <= 17)
- Grand sire/Grand dam Pair Percentage = 12% (OPTIMAL <= 17%)
- Gender-balanced Linebreeding Difference = 2 (OPTIMAL <= 2)
- Number of Dominant Runner Female Families = 4 (OPTIMAL >= 4)
- Number of Dominant Sire Female Families = 3 (OPTIMAL >= 1)
NOTE: All 7 factors are met.
- 4×6 In Reality – gender-balanced through son Relaunch and daughter Charedi – similar to G1W Paulassilverlining (Ghostzapper), G2W Caribou Club (City Zip), G3W Alms (City Zip) & G3W Stays in Vegas (City Zip)
- 5×5 Mr. Prospector – gender-balanced through daughter Prime Prospect and son Fappiano – similar to G1W Paulassilverlining (Ghostzapper), SW Treacherous (Ghostzapper), SW Net A Bear (Awesome Bet) & SW One Last Empress (Daaher)
- 5×5 Northern Dancer – through sons Vice Regent and Storm Bird – Similar to G1W Better Lucky (Ghostzapper), G3W Angel Terrace (Ghostzapper) & G3W Oxy Lady (Oxbow)
- 6×6 Olympia – gender-balanced through daughter Haze and son Lucky Mel
- 6×6 Wild Risk – gender-balance through daughter Runaway Bride and son Le Fabuleux – similar to G1W Paulassilverlining (Ghostzapper), G2W Caribou Club (City Zip), G3W Alms (City Zip) & G3W Stays in Vegas (City Zip)
Whether you are new to the game, experiencing more losses than wins or just looking for a new approach, I am confident that I can help you breed or buy a better racehorse. To find out more about OPTIMAL Matings and how they can help your program, please subscribe to my Blog/News page HERE to receive future information on complimentary mating recommendations, sales short lists, stakes winner pedigree analysis, news on personal client success and any other random thoughts or ideas that I may have. Also, receive a complimentary copy of my report “Blind Luck or Designed Luck? – How A Kentucky Derby Winner Was Bred” sent directly to your inbox.
For inquiries or more information about Shepherd Equine Advisers, please contact Clark Shepherd at 859-321-6618, or by email at email@example.com.
I would love to hear any comments or questions that you may have. Please submit them below. Maybe we can address them in a future post!